DAILY DEVOTIONMarch 14th, 2019
VICTORY BEYOND EVERY BATTLE
By Pastor Wilberforce Bezudde
“Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.” (Isaiah 53:4)
We reflect on what took place on the cross over 2000 years ago, when an innocent man called Jesus was brutally beaten, tortured, and crucified. Jesus passionately allowed it, because of a greater purpose that included you. Jesus loves you.
The word passion means suffering, compelling, and intense feeling or emotion, a pursuit to which one is devoted; the last suffering and death of Jesus Christ.
Every bad experience of Jesus was deliberately allowed, with you in mind:
• His torture was for torment.
• His judgment was for every time you are unfairly judged.
• His betrayal was for grace when you are betrayed.
• His desertion by His disciples, was for when people you need are not there.
• He was despised for victims of racism, prejudice, poverty, and slavery.
• His blood was shed for your sins.
• His wounds were for your sickness.
• His punishment was for your peace.
• His death was to destroy the power of death.
The cross without the resurrection would have meant victory for Satan, but the cross was only a journey with great purpose. Because He lives, we too shall live. There is victory beyond every battle you face and hope beyond all your fears. On the cross Jesus conquered sin, death, Satan, and the grave. Hallelujah!
The cross of Jesus is my weapon to destroy all evil. Thank You Jesus, for the cross. Jesus conquered Satan, sin, death, poverty, sickness, and rejection on my behalf. I put my trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ. Amen.
CITY CHURCH INTERNATIONAL
Adolf Fredriks Kyrkogata 10
111 37 Stockholm
JOIN US ON SUNDAYS